Our nervous and immune systems are intrinsically linked. Living in our busy modern world can lead to a state of adrenal fatigue which we might recognise as a feeling of being 'run down'. Certain herbs known as adaptogens can help us to resist stress, nourish the adrenals and improve immunity. This is exactly where our Forest Cider comes in. It is a daily tonic for busy folks to support immunity through nourishment of the adrenals and the stress response.
Forest Cider is more mellow than Fire Cider, using predominantly ginger to warm gently and support digestion. It is perfect for those who can’t tolerate spicy things and can be enjoyed warm or cold.
- Medicinal Mushrooms- Reishi and Maitake have a long history of use in traditional medicine supporting the immune system by multiple mechanisms, resist stress, improve sleep and reduce fatigue.
- Schisandra berry- An adaptogen herb that specifically supports the adrenals, has systemic anti-inflammatory activity, stimulates digestive enzymes and promotes detoxification through improved liver function.
- Ginger- We use premium organic whole fresh ginger root and organic ginger tincture to bring warmth to this formula, stimulate circulation and ease digestion.
- Oregano- A herb rich in oils that have antimicrobial, antifungal and antibacterial properties which fight a wide range of infections. Oregano also supports digestion and reduces inflammation.
- Onions- Whole raw onions are rich in antioxidants, bioflavonoids like Quercetain, and minerals like selenium which have antibacterial actions and help our immune systems fight infections.
- Oranges- We use whole oranges and loads of peels, to get maximum nutritional benefits. Oranges and especially orange peels are incredibly high sources of vitamin C and antioxidants which improves immunity and respiratory health.
- Elderberry- Using organic Elderberries to make a syrup with organic rice malt. Elderberries are rich sources of antioxidants and vitamins as well as having immune protective, antiviral effects. Elderberry syrup can reduce the severity and duration of the common cold.
Mix 15-30mls of Forest Cider with a cup of hot water and enjoy. - Pyewackets Traditional